Sometimes, a laceration can occur involving the anorectal mucosa.
The chapter on suturing of such a 4th degree laceration covers:
- Preparation for suturing and anaesthetics
- Instruments and suture material
- Suturing technique using a continuous double-layer technique
- Suturing using inverted knots
- Follow-up and the treatment of complications
International guidelines for professional treatment
Recommendations for suturing techniques and suture materials according to evidence-based guidelines from RCOG (Green-top 29).
The E-learning system is available in different languages
This chapter is in English and German at www.gynzone.net